Did you know: Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to sponsor their parents or grandparents to come to Canada.

Get a free assessment now!


Canadian citizens and permanent residents who meet certain eligibility criteria are able to sponsor their parents or grandparents for permanent residence in Canada. Family reunification is a high priority for Canada. In fact, family immigration is the second largest category of Canadian immigration, behind economic immigration.


In the years 2017 and 2018, the Parent and Grandparent Program (PGP) introduced a lottery system for selection, so candidates were randomly selected. In 2019, PGP will be returning to a first-come, first-served system.

At the beginning of 2019, Canadian citizens and permanent residents must first submit an Interest to Sponsor form on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. From this pool of interested sponsors, IRCC will accept 20,000 complete applications, inviting applications from candidates based on the order in which their Interest to Sponsor forms are received. If they receive an invitation to apply, they will have 90 days to submit a complete application. 


A Super Visa is a multiple re-entry visa valid for up 10 years so your parents or grandparents can come and go from Canada as they please.

In addition to the Super Visa, Canadian Permanent Residents and Citizens will be eligible to sponsor their parents and grandparents to live here permanently under the re-opened Parental Sponsorship category!

Just another reason to start your Canadian Immigration plans today! Find out if you’re eligible using our free online assessment or email us directly attorney@canadim.com

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Canadim Team!


The Canadim Law Firm – Let us help you keep it simple

?> });