The Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program uses an Expression of Interest (EOI) system to select applicants. Only the applicants with the highest scores on the QSW points grid will be invited to submit applications to Quebec.
Get a free assessment now!
The Details of the QSW Program:
- A job offer is NOT required
- You can apply from anywhere in the world (even if you are working overseas)
- There are no settlement funds (“show money”) that need to be demonstrated
- In the end, you will receive Canadian Permanent Residence, which is the equivalent of a US Green Card
- Processing times should be 14-18 months and the program reopens later in 2015
Why Not Express Entry?
With so much buzz about Express Entry in the news, we want you to know: Quebec is still a great option for you and your family. When you apply under the QSW program, there are no settlement funds you need to demonstrate to the government and unlike Express Entry; IELTS can be sent several months after the file is submitted. In other words, you do not need to delay your application for your IELTS exam.
Furthermore, the Quebec program is more flexible regarding the type of language test you can take and there are no minimum scores needed to apply like in Express Entry. Please keep in mind that the Quebec Skilled Worker program is still a point-based system and you must make enough points to apply. Scoring higher on your language tests will increase the likelihood your scores will be sufficient.
What Should I Do Now?
Firstly, take our free online assessment so you know your options. Since many types of applicants and occupations are eligible, you cannot know your chances until you have been assessed by a professional.
What are the requirements?
In general, the requirements of the initial submission to the QSW program are:
- Identity documents (birth certificates, if you are married then a marriage certificate as well)
- Travel documents (valid and up-to-date passport copies and copies of residence visas if you are not in your country of citizenship)
- Educational documents (transcripts and diplomas)
- Some employment documents might need to be provided initially but that will depend on your qualifications.
Although you do not need need language test results to apply initially, you should note that you will eventually need them in order to be granted your visa.
Immigration Quebec will accept both academic and general IELTS results to demonstrate your English language proficiency. Or, if you are a native French speaker, you can take the TEF or the DELF examination.
How We Can Help
Working with Canadim has many advantages like our amazing success rate and our industry leading service standard. You will receive unlimited access to my firm and my staff. We can help get your application submitted faster so that you can secure your space in the quota. We can submit without your IELTS results at first and forward them up to 4 months after your application was submitted. So you do not have to wait for your IELTS results to begin your application and you do not require a French test.
Over 50,000 newcomers move to Quebec every year as Canadian Permanent Residents. Don’t you think it is time you call Canada home? Contact us to get started on your application to Canada today!