Conjugal Relationships and Canadian Immigration

28 Jan, 2014 Conjugal Relationships and Canadian Immigration

Did you know: Common-law and conjugal relationships are very similar terms but differ in one very important fact:

A bit of background, common-law and conjugal spouses are awarded the same rights and privileges as a married spouse on a Canadian Immigration application. Both require the couple to demonstrate that they are, and have been in a relationship for at least 12 months or longer, and they can demonstrate a significant degree of commitment to each other.

To be considered common-law spouses the couple must demonstrate that they have resided together in a committed relationship for at least 12 months continuously. A conjugal relationship does not require cohabitation.

When applying as conjugal spouses, you need to demonstrate not only that you are in a relationship but there exists a significant barrier preventing you from being able to live together. These barriers can include immigration barriers, religious reasons and sexual orientation.

Often conjugal relationships apply to homosexual couples because in many countries homosexuals cannot be married, or even live together for fear of criminal prosecution or bodily harm.

It should be mentioned that conjugal relationships are completely valid for heterosexual couples too but they are often the only option available to people in same-sex relationships.

So are you in a conjugal relationship and want to live in peace, safety and prosperity with your partner? Well we are proud to say that Canada is your ideal destination!

Try our free online assessment today and find out everything Canada has to offer!


The Canadim Team!

  • Mohammad sabir
    Posted at 19:36h, 28 January Reply

    Hello sir,

    My name is Mohammad Sabir I’m from afghanistan I’m 26 years healthy and handsome boy want to make serious relationship in Canada for permanent risedancy, I accept all rules and regulation which provide by the Canadian governament…

    • The Canadim Team!
      Posted at 11:43h, 12 February Reply

      Dear Mohammad,

      Thank you for your message.

      We are a private law firm that specializes in obtaining Canadian Permanent Residency for our clients.

      As a permanent resident of Canada (equivalent to a US green card) you are free to work in any occupation you like and live anywhere you choose in Canada.


      You are still welcome to apply under the new Quebec Skilled Worker program but you should be aware that a change in regulations created a quota of 20,000 visas. Furthermore, the program is slated to be changed come March 31st, 2014 which is quickly approaching. So act now and secure your spot in this very generous program offered by Immigration Quebec.


      In order to give you a comprehensive answer regarding your Canadian Immigration options please complete our free online assessment using the following link:

      Or you can send your CV to and Attorney Dery will personally review it and get back to you with your options to move forward.

      Very much looking forward to hearing from you and please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.

      The Canadim Team!

  • jarina
    Posted at 00:56h, 29 January Reply

    Hi , me and my husband are indian can we get pr of canada…how can we do did…can a work permit help us and where we can apply for work permit

    • The Canadim Team!
      Posted at 11:42h, 12 February Reply

      Dear Jarina,

      Thank you for using our page.

      We realize you have a lot of questions about immigrating to Canada and we completely understand your concerns. We are prepared to guide you through the entire process but before we get into the details, we need to know if you are eligible to apply.

      We ask that you please fill out our free online assessment form:

      We will review your assessment shortly and let you know if you are qualified to apply or not. If you are qualified, Attorney Dery will send you an email detailing the Canadian Immigration process and the costs and requirements needed.

      We look forward to hearing from you.


      The Canadim Team!

  • Syed Shaukat Raza
    Posted at 12:41h, 29 January Reply

    The Honourable Canadim,

    This is very good thing. I think an specific law should also be passed for those individuals Or family members of those Canadian Residents who are living out of Canada & are suffering from Religion-Based killings & Religion-Based Terrorism.


  • abduladhim mohammed ali aldosky
    Posted at 15:33h, 29 January Reply

    i like to live in canada

  • sharmashivsagar
    Posted at 21:13h, 06 February Reply

    Res. Sir/madam my wife is master degree(english)bechular of education with ten year experience of master/lecturar in affiliated school..pls tell me how to apply thnx

    • The Canadim Team!
      Posted at 11:42h, 12 February Reply

      Hi there,

      Thank you for using our page.

      From what you have told me, you wouldn’t be eligible for any Canadian Immigration program that I am aware of. That being said, a Canadian job offer can allow you to come to Canada on a work permit and once you have Canadian experience, it becomes a lot easier to transition to permanent status here in Canada.

      Please be advised that we do not secure job offers for our clients. However, as a service to our followers, we do offer a job search toolbar to help you connect with Canadian employers looking to hire:

      Once you have secured a Canadian job offer then please contact us to work with both you and your employer to get you to Canada as quickly as possible.


      The Canadim Team!

Post A Comment

?> });